Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Table runner



While snowed in for weeks over the holidays I pulled out my sewing machine and fabric stash and set myself a challenge to quilt something! I decided to make a table runner for my dining room table because I thought as far as quilting projects go - it wouldn't take too long.

I always gravitate to warm earthy colours when designing for myself, and this project was strictly to design something that I would love. Most of my design projects (jewelry and sewing) are always for other people. I didn't let myself over think the design and cut strips of fabric and played around with the composition very loosely before starting to sew. I'm so pleased with the result, and now feel ready to FINALLY tackle my friend's baby quilt that I've been promising her since October!

No comments: